REELLY REELLY OT Re: SC - Re:Jamaican Rub me the Wrong Way

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Apr 28 19:58:35 PDT 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/28/99 9:26:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu writes:
>
> << I do not believe though, that the tribes of the Caribbean are an
>  area that the SCA covers. >>
>
> We will have to agree to disagree. ;-) I don't go in for the revisionist
> stuff recent SCA adnministrations have introduced in opposition to the
> founbding  members. IIRC, Hilary herself, in explaining the  'purpose' of the
> SCA specifically stated that  it was meant to  encompass Europe AND the
> cultures they came in contact with.

I was tempted to ask if that means people with such personas should
portray themselves as suffering under smallpox, syphilis, or The
Inquisition (the usual causes of their demise, apparently), but it
reminded me too much of my argument for vampire personas in the SCA:
anyone who wants to lie in the ground quietly and be blamed,
erroneously, for a cholera epidemic, would be doing the society a great
service by teaching about medieval vampires and what they did, and I
would cheerfully support anyone portraying such a persona.

And then I decided it would be a bad idea... . ;  )

Adamantius (is it time to open a second rock yet?)
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com