SC - Feast Steward vs. Cook

MAGGIE SECARA SECARAM at mainsaver.com
Thu Apr 29 17:40:27 PDT 1999

You know you're right. My main interest is in cooking in advance for
weekend-long events. (I don't so much hate cooking outdoors as cleaning up
out of doors.) In other words, the kinds of receipts I use or modify have to
be very good cold, generally in sunny Caidan summer weather. The Sunday
dishes especially have to be able to survive from Thursday evening to Sunday
afternoon in an ice chest.

I'm cooking for a bunch of men (4 or 5 fighters), and oh yes some ladies
too--and I try to keep every weekend unique. Can't have just the same old
meat pie and roast hen over and over again or they'll get bored. That keeps
me on my toes. Mostly they want things they can pick up and walk around
with. Not finger food, exactly. More like hand food :-)   No sticky glazes.
Not as huge a challenge as a banquet hall, I'll grant, but lots of fun and
very satisfying.

I have some cooking background, and some little A&S awards once or twice,
but not nearly the credentials of some of the folks around here. (The
peerage is for something else.)  So I'm just paying attention and trying to
keep up. The company is charming :-)

Glad you asked, tho.

MaggiRos
~All my men wear a sword, or they wear nothing at all.

Mairghread-Rós FitzGarret of Desmond, O.L. (Caid)
A Compendium of Common Knowledge
http://ren.dm.net