SC - Cook vs Feast Steward

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 20:59:03 PDT 1999

I have never done an SCA feast, although I have eaten several.  My time
on this list has taught me a deeper appreciation for the food I have
recieved, and for the hands that have prepared it.

That is not to say that I will never prepare a feast for the SCA.  As a
matter of fact, this summer, my husband's family is having a reunion,
and I am in charge of dinner on Sunday (for 21 people 6 of whom are
voracious teenagers), and I am planning to give them a medieval feast.
All of the details are not worked out yet, and I will post my menu when
I have it.  But I would never have thought to try this sort of thing if
I hadn't enjoyed my time here with you.

(And Margerite, you make an excellent taster!, an always important
factor in cooking research.  Where would we be if we couldn't take a
piece of something, or a spoon to someone close at hand, and say, "What
do you think of this?  It needs something, doesn't it?"

     I for one. My physical problems make being on my feet for extended
periods impossible and besides Bear's much better at it than I am. I've
been
playing SCA for 20+ years and prior to that church, scouts, etc. My
main
interests now are simply learning and support for younger friends who
are
more energetic or crazier than I.
        Margarite
<<<<<<<<

Tyrca

===
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
- -"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of Elfsea (Life is Good in Elfsea!)
(all sorts of places in and around Ft. Worth, TX)
Kingdom of Ansteorra