SC - feast cleanup for the head cook

Michelle Groulx dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sun Apr 11 16:59:22 PDT 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: CONNECT at aol.com <CONNECT at aol.com>

Firstly, I am the one that posted this mesage, not gwalli at infoengine.com .

>Please pardon my jumping in, but where on earth did this expectation come
>from? No one cleans up after me at home when I make a big meal, except me.

But then you aren't at home are you? And if you are clening up by yourself
at home, where is your family that ate that big meal?

>I fully expect, and the other cooks in our barony that I've encountered
also
>have this expectation, to clean up after the feast. That's part and parcel
of
>doing a feast. One does all the prep work ahead of time, does the cooking
the
>day of, and does the cleaning up after. If one doesn't want to do the work
of
>cleaning up, one shouldn't do the feast, IMNSHO.

Perhaps this is done in your "neck of the woods" but I have yet to see it
done like you state anywhere else. Granted there are things to oversee after
the feast for clean-up but I certainly think that after researching,
precooks, day of cooks, and getting a wonderful feast to the hungry masses
is enough for any one person. Cleaning up should not be an automatic "part
and parcel".

As for your not so humble opinion that if you are not prepared to do the
clean up, you shouldn't be cooking feast, I will take it as just that. An
opinion. Thank (insert diety of choice here) I have never come across
someone who is of this opinion other than yourself as I may have a few
choice words to impart to their face. I would also never make assumptions as
to who should be cooking feasts and such that you so blatently feel the need
to impress on the rest of us.

Micaylah