SC - saffron info (florilegium)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Apr 11 22:34:23 PDT 1999

Soux o the Wild commented:
>My father, Brian, who sometimes posts here in my stead, has been a
>professional chef and caterer for many years. Tis true, sais he, that
>you need precious little of the gorgious coloured saffron. It does smell
>that strong, but its flavors carries far. What a blessing that is to
>know considering the price! :)

The amount needed may vary quite a lot depending on the quality of
the saffron and as well the price may differ quite a lot depending
upon where it is bought. For those who would be interested in more
details on saffron, how to buy it and what to look for, take a
look at these two files in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of
my Florilegium.

saffron-art       (16K)  8/11/97    How to buy and select saffron by Tony Hill.
saffron-msg       (47K)  9/ 4/98    Types of saffron. period uses.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****