SC - Introducing Francesco Sirene, belatedly

THL Caitlin Ruadh ruadh at twcny.rr.com
Mon Apr 12 06:05:51 PDT 1999

> I'm a late fourteenth-century Venetian spice trader (mundanely I am a
> college professor of history).

Well met, my Lord!

>(And here is a question to the list: is it proper etiquette on
> this list to mention that business? Would people like me to post
> when we add
> new items to our catalogue? Is putting the URL of our web catalogue in my
> signature block OK with people? I don't want to offend.)

In my opinion, the url of the catalogue in the signature block is no
problem.  As far as new items, if they are truly new (like "Hey, I finally
have a source for long pepper, so it's available - check out the catalog for
details") are fine, particularly if you educate us on the new item at the
same time.  I guess as long as it doesn't happen too often an is
educational, it wouldn't bother me.  (Leaving out prices an those kinds of
details is a good way to make it seem less commercial.)

Of course, I'm not the list owner, just someone who came back from a weekend
event to 175 messages, so....

Anyway, I know I am very excited to have you as a resource here!  I'm
looking forward to hearing more about your research!

THL Caitlin Ruadh