SC - lighter notes: table decorations

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Mon Apr 12 06:44:51 PDT 1999

On a lighter note about the feast where I was head cook...

Our theme was "procrastination" and the event is called the
Procrastinator's Ball and Brawl. The feast itself was
not one subject to the theme of the event, but one carefully
orchestrated announcement from the Herald made a
portion of it seem that way.

On each table, in some lovely little woven baskets, we
placed a variety of  things like flowers (we had to use
silk), small stones, ribbon, and a few beads. The Herald
announced that we had run into a time crunch and had no
time to decorate the tables for them (a complete fabrication,
of course, as this was planned well in advance). Each
table was told they could create their own centerpiece,
and would indeed be judged on their creation. The table with
the best decoration would be awarded a prize as judged by the
servers and the Kitchen Steward.

The table that won managed to convince a Knight (I think)
to kneel on the table with the basket in his mouth and
ribbons in his beard and hair.

I nearly peed my pants laughing. We all applauded. And that
table's prize was a simple one. They got served first for
every course.

Jasmine