SC - After feast

kat kat at kagan.com
Mon Apr 12 17:30:14 PDT 1999

Maedb suggests:

> I offer for possible consideration Something that we have come up with
> that helps the situation. In exchange for clean-up time, we waive the
site
> fee for a limited number of "tickets". It gets the place cleaned up, and
> it allows some to attend who otherwise couldn't afford it. And ya can't
> tell by looking who was a barter, and who paid the fee (so there's no
> embarassment).

Maedb, this is a good suggestion and I'm glad it works for you.  I hope it
works for others as well.

Unfortunately for our area, we have tried this in the past to little or no
avail.  Despite the fact that our Barony contains a College (read:  lots of
poor students), last year at my feast I couldn't even hire a dishwasher for
*cash.*  (Free feast ticket + $25 = $37.00; or $9.25/hr. for 4 hours'
honest work.  No one even nibbled.)

On a brighter note, we *did* solve the no-one-wants-to-serve-either problem
this year, though:  Our Baron offered his high-school drama class extra
credit to show up in costume and "character" and serve the feast.  For the
first time in **years,** we had more than a handful of servers...  :-)

	- kat