SC - Pennsic cooking classes

Aelfwyn at aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 19:43:05 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/12/99 11:55:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

<< Funny you should mention that. At our upcoming King's College I going to be
 teaching a class in sauces. Basically what I plan to do is provide a roasted
 chicken, brisket and pork roast and present several sauces. Basically to show
 how these simple dishes that are included in nearly every feast around here
 can be made different and more period by just supplying a couple of sauces
 with them. We will also make a couple of sauces to show how relatively easy
 they are. I'm planning on doing a variety of sauces and perhaps a homemade
 mustard.

 I'll also be teaching a class on how period feasts were served and some small
 changes that can be done to make even a mundane feast more periodish. Also
 in the presentation will be lists of sources for getting proper period
 recipes and instruction as well as what cookbooks are out there and websites
 to visit. This will be in an area of the kingdom that does great feasts but
 is only lately thinking about doing more period stuff so I think a couple of
 "beginner" classes will be appreciated.

 Yours,

 Gunthar

And will King's College be in Ansteorra? Rats, as these classes sound like
JUST what I would love to attend. If you are not able to duplicate the
classes at Pennsic yourself (gosh, you'll only be on a throne for 6 months,
can't imagine why anyone would need a bit of down time after that stint),
might a student be able to do so with your syllabus?
BTW- I met my first Ansteorrans at my first Pennsic (19) when a group of
friends dragged me to the chili party. Great food, great people, but the
cowboy hats, boots and kilts will be burned on my retinas forever.
Best Wishes for a fantastic and long-remembered reign!
Aelfwyn