SC - My latest feast (and a few comments)

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue Apr 13 05:21:04 PDT 1999

And it came to pass on 13 Apr 99,, that Stefan li Rous wrote:

> We did have a discussion on this
> list a year or two ago about whether roasted garlic was period or
> not. I don't think anyone gave any evidence that it was, then.

I don't remember if I was on the list then.  Possibly not.  Was the
question whether roasting heads of garlic is a documentable technique
or if the resulting puree was used alone as a condiment?  The answer to
the first question is "yes".  I know of a couple of recipes (sauces and
pottages, I think) which use roasted garlic as an ingredient.

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann