SC - Graceful saffron

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Tue Apr 13 12:43:32 PDT 1999

Rowan Ashbrooke spun some silk yarn and dyed it with saffron--it's
gorgeous.  She also dyed some unspun wool, and that's even better!

I think the saffron yellow is the Celtic yellow, and would be quite
appropriately named for His Grace, as I'm sure he'd rather see it in the
dye pot than in the stew pot!  I've had the privledge of listening to
many of His Grace's stories, but I never did hear how such a good Muslim
got such a Celtic name.

 Of course, my favorite saffron thing is the little custardy tartes we
used to get in Switzerland for tea.  Boy, would I love to know how to
make those!  I'll take all the saffron His Grace and Her Excellency don't
want!!!

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA