SC - Re: Platina Books

Lenny Zimmermann zimmerml at kci1.com
Tue Apr 13 12:23:14 PDT 1999

Bona Dies Tutti.

Here is some further information on Madonna Lucrezia's request for Platina
books. Amazon.Com has a single customer review that states:

"A reader from Michigan , November 23, 1998
Thorough, if a little stuffy, as it should be. While the first portion of
this book details Milham's review and history of extant manuscripts of "De
honesta voluptua" (On Right Pleasure...), I believe the true value for me
lies in the second portion which comprises better than 3/4ths of the entire
work. Milham's side by side copies of the original text and her translation
are the true meat of the book. For the entire work, the scholarship is
exacting, the notes copious, and the bibliography extremely complete. Well
worth the price for the serious recreationist-collector (especially members
of the SCA)."

Hope that helps! (Now off I go to order it!)

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace