SC - site fee entitlement

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Wed Apr 14 07:53:57 PDT 1999

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, THL Caitlin Ruadh wrote:

> > I plain refused to pay for the privilege of
> > working my butt off and taking time off to boot.
>
> This has always been my case - when one autocrat gave me a hard time about
> it, I agree to pay the site fee, but not the feast fee, since the fact is
> that I never manage to sit down and eat at my own feasts anyway!  When that
> event made money, the autocrat was smart enough to refund my site fee!
>
> Ruadh

I take a different outlook.  I always insist on paying site and feast fee
even though I know I am not 'attending' the event when I am head cook.  My
philosophy is that -everyone- should pay, and if I, the cook, am paying
for the privilege of working my butt off, then what excuse can others make
for -not- paying.

I see it as a matter of if you open the door just a crack, you'll soon
have it wide open and hordes of non-paying attendees rushing in.  I'd
rather keep the door closed, and am willing to put up the money to back
that philosophy.

Elaina