SC - Pennsic cooking classes

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Wed Apr 14 08:47:50 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/10/99 2:29:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< Someone mentioned the idea of a class on sauces.

 I think this would be a wonderful class and would be interested in
 attending such a class myself.

I, too, would love to see a sauce class. It seems an area I need to work on
to make my feast service more authentic. We did several meat sauces for our
last feast, but none of us was sure what the proper consistency or flavoring

should have been. Learning to thicken with bread crumbs is a whole different

thing than our usual roux.
Aelfwyn

	I've taught one of these a few times--I highly
	recommend them, it opens up an area of cuisine
	that many have not thought of, having what I
	call "the American casserole mentality" about
	"sauces" and not realizing that they routinely
	use several--ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard,
	barbecue--a couple of times a week.

	Berengaria