SC -Trader Joe's - curry products

Jane Waks waks at world.std.com
Fri Apr 16 07:20:36 PDT 1999

>You may want to go to a specialty store in your area ( Although I have seen
>them in better Safeway stores in OR and WA), I think the brand is called
>Padaki (not totally sure of the spelling), they co-pack those sauces for
>trader joes, they make ready made curries and a hell of a vindaloo sauce...

Patak.  I can get them in the better supermarkets here, and also
much cheaper in the Asian markets.  Better keep some plain yogurt
on hand if you plan to try anything they label hot, especially
the vindaloo.  And buy the pastes and dilute them yourself: the
premade sauces in the larger jars are watered down and milder
versions aimed at the common American palate (tasty, but wimpy).

Caitlin Davies
Carolingia, East