SC - site fee entitlement

MPengwyn at aol.com MPengwyn at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 22:28:51 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/15/1999 12:34:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

<< > I was just curious to know how those places that have this policy
 >manage it.  Are only "titled" positions eligible for free admittance?
 >(cook, autocrat, gatekeeper) or further down the line?  What about the
 >MoL?  any deputies?

What we often did when I was autocratting included free admission for the
autocrat and the head cook, then, as autocrat, I wrote to the Crowns and
invited them to come as our special guests (ie - free). More often than not
they accepted and attended our events where they might not have planned to.
Not because I was such a spectacular cook or autocrat (but not all that
shabby either) but because we invited them in good time and brought events to
Their attention that they might not have known about til much later and Their
plans already made.

In my experience, cooks and autocrats hardly ever get to eat the meal and
certainly are worth their weight in gold so why charge them?  ::chuckle::  We
also used to give a small discount to servers when the event could afford it.
Others helping during the event did so out of the kindness of their hearts
and paid to support the group's events. I even charged my husband full fees.

Cheers!

Meg