SC - Hello out there.

Kelly Bettis kbettis at max.state.ia.us
Tue Apr 20 08:03:04 PDT 1999

Hello to the list....

I've taken the plunge....

Well...actually...I happened to mention to someone (namely my Baroness,
bless her little pea pickin heart....) that I was interested in
cooking...and showed interest in helping with feasts
etc....AHHHHHHH......Our feastocrat for our Halloween event found out she
is "DUE" that weekend...and while her shrieking, growling and moaning might
add to the atmosphere of the event everyone including she, agreed it
wouldn't be a good idea....

So...because my brain and mouth cannot work together to form the word "NO"
 (And yes....I would actually like to do it...) ..... I'm feastocrating our
October event....which brings me to my question....

The theme is of course centered around superstition, being Halloween
weekend....and I would like to find out if there are any sources of recipes
or otherwise, for foods used for superstitious purposes.  Or if there were
any foods equated with evil spirits or witchcraft etc....(I don't think,
eye of newt is going to cut it)

I would really like to make this a fun and intersting feast...a certain
amount of Shtick is always an option and usually welcome.

Please....HEEEELLLLLLLP!!!!!!

a humbled servant....
Lady Winnifred of Shattered Crystal
(Hailing from Coeur d'Ennui-Calontir)