SC - Saffron

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Fri Apr 23 22:58:38 PDT 1999

> If the Pepperar's Guild charges $6.00 per gram, and there are 28 grams
> a pound, this means we are paying $168.00 per pound.  Somehow, that
> doesn't sound quite right.  Or sane!

Grams = .001 kilogram
kilogram = 35.2 ounces
1 ounce = 28.4 grams

$  170.40 / ounce
$2726.40 / pound

Check the archives -- I seem to remember that it takes in excess of
30,000 to 60,000 hand collected stamens per pound (or was that ounce)
of final product.

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com