SC - Food & Feast in Medieval England

Acanthusbk at aol.com Acanthusbk at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 07:40:41 PDT 1999

That's what I dislike about "bargain book" publishers. There is often an
intent to mislead the customer about the true value of the book. If you go
into a Barnes & Noble or Crown Books, etc., you'll see the bargain tables at
the front of the store. Part of the books are "remainders", that is,
publishers have dumped regular stock at a fraction of the books' value, these
are true bargains. The rest are budget editions. FYI the big US bargain book
publisher is Smithmark.

In the case of the new printing of _Food and Feast in Medieval England_, the
1998 publication date and the mention of Wrens Park as publisher are the most
obvious indicators, also the ISBN is different than that of the Sutton
printing.

Amanda
Acanthus Books
http://www.acanthus-books.com

In a message dated 4/30/99 12:39:04 AM Central Daylight Time,