SC - REC: My seder menu

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 07:25:24 PST 1999

<< Awright, cuz, how come you didn't invite me over for dinner!
 I do beg forgivness...next year, perhaps?...

This WAS the Seder/seder meal.  You tell half the story,eat and then conclude.

What web page?   And, where?

you meant a meat meal. >>>>
Yes....damned demon keyboard!

think some kind of tofu variant, have been acceptable? >>>
No, strictly speaking.  Tofu is a Passover no-no (as is rice for Ashkenazi
Jews) but, the non-dairy cheesed don't melt like regular cheese, they just
sort of go limp...It's not a pretty site!  :-)

>>>I tried a couple and they were edible, though not as tasty as a well-aged
cheddar ;-)
 AGREED

 is  not kosher for Passover for Ashkenazi Jews.... What flavor of Jew are
Ashkenazi?>>>
Jews whose ancestry are from Eastern Europe

Passover? >>>
Sigh.....oy......I feel Hebrew school coming on.......... Certain grains
mentioned in the  Talmud as being a no-no for Passover and once something
becomes a custom in old-time Judaism.......... Rice, beans, corn anything
that LOOKS like it is swelling as if with levening is forbidden.

long as there were no animal products (other than manure for fertilizer) used
in their production?
Kosher yes, For use in passover, no...the laws are VERY stringent for
Passover.

 >>> All in all, beloved cousin, it looks like a great meal. Thanks for
sharing it.>>>
Thanks cuz, for your kind words!

from the virtual seder plate you sent us- I can't think of a nicer
combination, and I thought this was to be a sacrficial meal.>>>
Sacrificial meal?  no.  It is ment to be a symbolic meal  (up until the
eating, and then it's a real meal..  LOL)

 Phlip, who has never walked away from a kosher meal, feeling she was missing
 something, unlike with other specialized diets.