SC - Kitchen Steward Panics, film at 11:00

Ingus Moen ingus_moen at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 02:50:42 PDT 1999

>First. I keep getting told I'm underestimating the roast beef. I
figured
>about a pound and a quarter for a table of eight, REMEMBER, there's
other
>meat dishes.
>
>1. What, in the lists estimation, is adequate to keep a riot from
happening
>and yet allowing us to keep the leftovers to a minimum?

First off, you have to take in the human condition.  Even though
everyone mentally grasps that there will be more food, we fixate on what
is before us *RIGHT NOW*.  But that's just a supporting reason.  Yes, ,I
think that 20oz for 8 people is too little.  That's scarcely more than a
McDonald's hamburger patty, and that's not taking into account the
marbling (read fat...huge gobs of fat) and bones which may or may not be
in your roast.  Even using a quarter pounder patty as a reference (4oz
for those who don't convert well...), you should be figuring 32oz, or
two pounds per table...I'd tend to go a little more, just because roasts
look a lot smaller than they are...they're dense little chunks and even
4oz will be a few bites.  presentation will help.  Put it on or with a
bulk item...over rice, couscous, or bulgur...some kind of starch, and
that will help bring down the necessary level.  If there WEREN'T other
meat dishes, I would stress 8oz per person minimum, but that's just me.
Some people are very "meat and potatoes" kind of people.  Those that see
food they recognize and have some deeper connection with will tend to
hit those heavily and determine your feast's worth through them.  I
don't want to even BEGIN to question your order of meat, but I would
hold the roast until more towards the end, simply because if it is as
spectacular as it sounds like it could be, you'll want people to
remember that as the best part of the feast...one way to do that is to
make it one of the last things they eat and see.

Illusion meat strawberries?  My imagination is doing very bizarre things
with that word combination....

Just my tuppence.  Regards,
Ingus Moen

GOD favors no group.  Only RELIGIONS do that.

You're only young once, but you can be immature FOREVER!