SC - Wegman's

Michelle Groulx dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Fri Apr 9 20:57:28 PDT 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: THL Caitlin Ruadh <ruadh at twcny.rr.com>

snip...
>As far as I know there really isn't a national grocery store chain - they
>are all regional!
>
>Ruadh

You don't have national grocery stores? Thats funny, here is Cda quite a
few, if not most, of our food stores are national. Take for instance,
Loblaws (Superstore here in the MidEast), LOEB, IGA, A&P (Red and White
etc). But there are independant and smaller ones as well.

For the larger grocery store I prefer Loblaws (Superstore) because of the
selection and variety. I can get almost everything from soup to nuts
including such oddities as pickled walnuts to kaumquats. Oh ya, I can also
buy my kids clothes (if I had any kids) to patio furniture. Pretty kewl as
far as larger chains go. But for most of my bulk, bagels or more unusual
purchases go, I will go out of my way to patronize my few choice smaller
food emporiums and will do the bulk of my feast shopping at restaurant food
wholesalers.

If you don't have national grocers, what takes the place of them for
selection? Living near the border of the northeastern states I have heard of
Wegmans before and even done some cross border grocery shopping (way fun).
Given the population density of the States I am inclined to think that
Wegmans, Winn Dixie and other chains of that size are fairly common place in
the U.S. Yes?

Micaylah