SC - Wegman's

Vanishwood at aol.com Vanishwood at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 08:25:54 PDT 1999

dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca writes:

> ou don't have national grocery stores? Thats funny, here is Cda quite a
>  few, if not most, of our food stores are national. Take for instance,
>  Loblaws (Superstore here in the MidEast), LOEB, IGA, A&P (Red and White
>  etc). But there are independant and smaller ones as well.

Canada's  supermarket industry is a bit more consolidated than the US,
although over the past year, M&A activity has really stepped up in the US
(see earlier post)

  For the larger grocery store I prefer Loblaws (Superstore) because of the
>  selection and variety. I

Loblaws is an excellent chain, In the US we get some President's Choice
products, but to really how cool that product line is...I recommend everyone
to go to Loblaw's. its their corporate brand line and it is excellent! cool
foods....

Ethelwulf