SC - Happy Birthday, List!

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 19:37:55 PDT 1999

Stefan reminisced that:

While the list traffic has sometimes been high and sometimes I have
struggled to keep up, I still find the personal comments and opinions
expressed create an atmosphere of friends or family that keeps me
coming back that a drier, more serious list might not. Thank you
Sir Gunthar for stepping in when you felt you had to.

Thank you everyone else, new and longtime participant, expert cook
and beginning cook, long time peers and folks brand new to the SCA
or those not even in the SCA for the wonderful time I have had here.
May it continue to be so.
  Stefan
- - --
<<<<<<<<

You are right!  I have gotten so used to visiting with all you my
friends in this manner, I didn't even notice 2 years go by!  But I am
living in the 3rd house since then, and my children seem to grow up
behind my back.

I wanted to thank Stefan, since he left himself off the list of those
that add so much.  (I used to not be able to say Floriligium, now I
read one!)

His effort to collate our ramblings into some sort of cohesive and
understandable form are, in my mind, nothing short of miraculous!
Thank you so much, Stefan, for your questions of clarification, your
collections of information and wisdom, and your continual good cheer
even in the face of grumpiness and impending flame wars.  It is people
like you that have made the Cooks list such a family!

And thanks to Poppa GunthAr, his Royal Maj (that I missed at Spring
Faire, even though our fair flower the Queen was there).  His
willingness to wade into messy situations and clean up the plumbing to
the point that we the users never notice that there -IS- plumbing has
set the tone for all of us to follow.  How lucky we are to be invited
into this great man's "living room" for our discussions and silliness.
I would like to say:

VIVAT COOKS LIST!

(OK, who under the rock saved that recipe for the spectacular chocolate
birthday cake with marzipan frosting?  I missed it somehow (saved the
version where all the numbers are the wrong symbol or something).  Are
we going to have a virtual party in the under-the-rock hot tub, or
what!)

Tyrca