SC - Help in the kitchen

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 08:03:33 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/12/99 1:01:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Tollhase1 at aol.com writes:

<< Hope this is of some service.

 Lord Frederich Holstein der Tollhase >>

Well spoken. This post is great. :-) One thing I might add is that if someone
volunteers to help don't assume they know how to do a particular task, also
don't assume they don't know what they are doing.

For instance I go into a major feast without a kitchen creww whatsoever. Just
me. I am the entire crew unless I have a co-Kitchen Steward. Somehow people
just tend to show up. When this happens, I ask them what they would like to
help with. Usually the answer is vague and none specific but if they want to
do a particular task that is better. :-)

One of my 'tactics' is  to hand the packet of recipes that haven't been done
yet and ask the volunteer to look through them and find one they would like
to cook and guive iot to them. If they want to slice, dice, and chop, I find
prep that hasn't been done and set them to that. Anyway, the point I am
trying to make is that if a volunteer shows up in the kitchen, it is
important to let the person have a coice in what they might be doing.

Also if you make the kitchen a classroom, there will be no end to volunteers.
Learning is a wonderful draw and learning in a fun atmosphere is the ideal.
:-)

Ras