SC - site fee entitlement was After feast

D. Clay-Disparti Clay at talstar.com
Wed Apr 14 07:12:39 PDT 1999

I respectfully disagree on one level.  I do most of my feast work beforehand at
home and then do only last minute stuff at the event.  I have had the misfortune
to more than once cook with someone else (shared feast experience that was
divided down the middle) who decided the ovens, stoves, etc. were hers and hers
alone.  It was tense and she was quite nasty.  This, and helping my mother cater
weddings when I was but a wee lass, has left me with the knowledge that no
matter how you plan unless you also do a lot of the work beforehand, a wrench
can suddenly appear out of  nowhere to clog up the works.  Just because I did
not spend all of my time at the event in the kitchen does not mean I should
pay.  I put most of my hours in at my home to assure the use of the ovens and
all the required equipment.  If a person really does the feast work they are
working....that person should not have to pay to work!  What a bizarre concept.

Incidentally,  the aforementioned other person ended up being a nervous wreck
and her dishes never came out as she planned and some did not even cook.  I was
glad when a fighter told me mine really "Rocked", while this complement was not
period, it was greatly appreciated.  This all speaks to the need for
cooperation,  in the cooking and the clean-up while maintaining a cheerful
atmosphere.

Isabella