SC - National Grocery Chains

CONNECT at aol.com CONNECT at aol.com
Wed Apr 14 09:40:18 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/14/99 12:15:26 PM, pndarvis at execpc.com writes:

<< I love Trader Joes, but we have none in our area.  I am in Wisconsin.  And
believe me, I have looked.

Is there such a thing as a national grocery chain? I don't know of any Trader
Joe's stores in Michigan.

Meijer's is big in the midwest, but  they've not expanded past Kentucky and
Illinois to the south and west and Ohio to the east.

Farmer Jack's is available in Michigan, but I don't know where else. I don't
know how far the Kroger's chain goes outside the midwest either.

Perhaps the only real national chain is the independently owned IGA stores?

Yours,
Rosalyn MacGregor
(Pattie Rayl)