Subject: Re: SC - site fee entitlement

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Apr 14 12:59:35 PDT 1999

Bonne of Traquair asks:

> I think that is the attitude around here.  I was just curious to know
> how those places that have this policy manage it.  Are only "titled"
> positions eligible for free admittance?  (cook, autocrat, gatekeeper)
> or further down the line?  What about the MoL?  any deputies?

Well, in our Barony, when you buy a ticket for a feast, you are buying a
*seat.*  On that philosophy, all the folks who *sit* and eat pay full
price.  All those who stand in the kitchen *the whole time* and cook pay
nothing--they wear grubbies and don't bring feast gear or claim a chair in
the hall.  (Of course they get fed; they also get chocolate, love and
undying gratitude; and sometimes footrubs and breakfast in the morning.  No
joke.)

Traditionally, servers pay half-price, and it's the Autocrat's decision
whether to throw in half-price tickets in the bribe--- I mean, incentive,
for the entertainment.

Attendant Royalty get free tickets (they are at head table and hold court
between courses, which after all *is* work) but their entourage are never
comped; they pay full price like everyone else.  Sometimes, if there's a
tournament, two free feast tickets get thrown into the prize basket for the
winner, and he/she and partner get a seat at head table as well; that, too,
is determined by tradition of particular event and by the Autocrat's
decision.

Anyway, that's how we do it in Darkwood.    My two cents.

Regards,

	- kat