SC - SC-Coleman Fantasy Kitchen

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 19 08:33:50 PDT 1999

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> > Hey now, I'm on my way to Fool's War this weekend, and my Coleman
> >Kitchen sink is already packed (along with the Coleman Oven, lamps,
> >stoves, and the gas grill) - all part of the "Coleman Fantasy Kitchen".
> > Christianna >>
> >Ah, the Coleman Fantasy Kitchen. We all know a certain Duke, Sir is
> >gonna have a fit on this issue, but I have to admit loving mine for
> Great
> >Northeastern War where we camp a large household with no running >water
> on site and no fast food in easy distance.

I have made (and Ber can vouch for it) 'cozys' for the coolers, the water,
the rolling shelf/cart thingie that the stove sits on. Fabric covers a
multitude of sins. A project in my future (maybe far in the future, as I
just finished my bed and suddenly have to replace my pavilion due to water
leakage in my storage locker) is to build a sideboard like you see in the
15th c. feast scenes, make it to break down, and so I have workspace when
needed but can hide the stove betweentimes. For now, I make do. I just got
a new box for all of my spices and such, so I can get them out of the
tupperware tote that smells strongly of curry (it spilled). It still needs
decoration (probably something from the Manesse Codex) but it will tote
the basics.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731