SC - Cooking Humor - Elephant Stew

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Tue Apr 20 22:23:49 PDT 1999

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:18:07 -0700 (PDT) Vicki Strassburg
<taltos at primenet.com> writes:
>On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Korrin S DaArdain wrote:
>
>> 	Elephant Stew
>> 	3800 servings
>> 	1 Elephant, Medium-size, cleaned
>> 	2 Rabbits (optional)
>> 	Gravy, enough to cover meat - (lots and lots and lots)
>
>Good Korrin,
>Would it be the same gravy for both Indian and Afrian elephants?

Indian elephants require a curry sauce for best results.
African elephants can be served with any sauce, but should be wrapped in
green papyrus.

>And if I use the sauce recipes I find in the Florigegum, can you help me
calculate the spices needed (the math is beyond me!)?

Not a problem, I have my soroban handy.

>Lastly, may I join you under the rock now?
>~Maedb

Come on in, lots of room.
(I should know, I have been under here long enough.)

Korrin S. DaArdain
Kitchen Steward of Household Port Karr
Kingdom of An Tir in the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com, (www.geocities.com/NapaValley/Vineyard/1709)