SC - OT-Restaurant review

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 29 10:06:47 PDT 1999

Okay guys this is a little off topic but I don't care 'cause
it's MY mailing list.

Last night for Sara's birthday a few of us decided to do something
fancy and eclectic. So we went to a restaurant here in Dallas called
"Enigma". The place is very different. It has no sign, you just have
to know where it is. No place setting is the same and their versions
of drinking glasses don't match the usual. For example, one guy had
a martini in a glass slipper, Sara had a gin and tonic in a two handled
Egyptian urn, another diner drank from a small cobalt blue vase.

We dined on apple-cured venison sausage, wild boar, elk, pheasant,
filet mignon (they have Kobe beef!), scallops, African Ostrich, and
kangaroo! The strange thing is that they let us make any combination
of dishes we desired and nothing is frozen. We don't know how they do
it.

The place has 150 varieties of scotch.

We dropped over $100 a person all total but it was well worth it!
We're considering making reservations to have our New Year's dinner
there.

Wow.

Smugly,

Gunthar