SC - Re: seder menu.

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Apr 2 10:04:02 PST 1999

"Decker, Terry D." wrote:

>> For whitefish, we are probably discussing the genus Coregonus, which is
> North American.

Yep. Great Lakes, primarily.

> The term whitefish is also used to describe the beluga
> sturgeon.

Interesting! By whom, and why?

> BTW, pike are also Asiatic.

Yes, most fish that are indigenous to Europe are, since Europe and Asia
are more or less one land mass, and neither rivers nor fish bother to
look at maps. I was primarily interested in stating the likelihood of
the fish combination being American since whitefish are American. Pike
alone wouldn't have been so demonstrable, Asiatic or otherwise. But
you're right, I may have misled when referring to esox niger as European
and American fish: they occur in Asia also.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com