SC - meat on rice question

Mon Apr 5 12:14:41 PDT 1999

> > .  Putting the beef, pre-sliced, on the rice and pre-sauced, as
> > someone suggested, is a good trick for making a little go a long way.
>
> So, taking this a step farther, how do you get this pile of meat, sauce
> and rice
> on the trecher/plate from the serving tray with 8 servings on it?  I am
> thinking
> of doing this with my venison and fumerty.  I have very little venison.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Helen

I tend to serve a group of dishes together, so I would probably serve this
on a platter or plate(s) to the table with a spoon and let the people at the
table divide the dish.

You might also serve these as individual portions on piece of bread with the
sauce served in a bowl on the side to keep the transfer from being too
messy.  This allows a portion to be easily tranferred with a spatula.

If you are concerned that you do not have enough serving platters, budget
some aluminum throwaways or even some high density paper plates to get you
through the problem.  To upgrade the group's equipment, budget a few cooking
or serving untensils into each feast.

Bear