SC - Fw: [SCA-AE] Re: coffee?

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Apr 7 09:27:37 PDT 1999

>Sounds good to me....
>Phlip

>>>I am a coffee snob. I take cans of Rediwhip camping so I can have
>>>real whipped cream in my morning coffee.  The cans need to stay
>>>cold but they are easier to keep in the cooler than half and half.
>>>I use a French Press Coffee maker, I just put the coffee in, heat
>>>the water on the camp stove. Pour the water into the coffee maker,
>>>wait 4 minutes, push the plunger and it is coffee time.
>>>
>>>Irene

Ah, yes, this is Mistress Irene von Schmetterling, and she is in my
household.  She has gotten us all hooked on carrying Redi Whip cans when
we camp.  It is really a wonderful way of keeping whipped cream cold and
with no mess in a cooler.  And, she is not the only coffee snob in our
household (are you listening, Tara? - who had to buy a French Press when
we were in England to insure her proper coffee time!)  I have yet to see
any of them grinding fresh beans in a brass mortar and pestle, though!
(I suspect that's a little too much for most of us first thing in the
morning)
Christianna