SC - Garlic shoots was bread lables

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 19:08:16 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/10/99 11:04:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time, him at gte.net
writes:

<< But the world is big....  I would not make
 such a broad statement. ;-)  from one that is allergic to nothing! >>

I have  reports from people both pro and con about the garlic thing. However,
my doctor says that Phlip's statement is accurate. Bearing that in mind this
is one of the few concessions that I automatically attend to when preparing
feast. I always remove the center shoot of the garlic if it shows any
indication of 'greenness' or discard it entirely if it shows signs of growth.

I also warm people of the possible  reaction that fava beans can cause in
people of Mediterranean descent but , as with any other foods, such as milk,
nuts and wheat I do not go out of my way to avoid using them in feasts. I
fthere is a significant number of allergy prone individuals , I simply
present a varied menu. Complete ingredients lists including the ingredient
labels from preprocessed foods are at the Troll booth and on the Kitchen
door.

Ras