SC - my opinion of clean up

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Apr 11 16:59:55 PDT 1999

Please allow me to add my comments here.
	I have been observing this discussion for some days now.  I feel very
strongly that to ask the person who, plans, organizes, prepares for and cooks
the feast ( in the hot kitchen, on their feet all day)  to ALSO clean up,
really is too much!!
	Very few of us have unlimited energy.  By the time clean up comes
around, I for one would be exhausted.  Help would be GREATLY appreciated.
	In fact, I DO have clean up help at home. My husband and son are well
aware of the work that goes into makeing a nice meal and they never allow me
to clean up at home.  (Well, I often help, but that is my choice)  It would
be too bad if people had to miss out on my  rather nice meals (if I do say so
myself) just because I don't also have the stamina to do the major clean up
afterwards.
In Service
Lady Phillipa Seton

<< I fully expect, and the other cooks in our barony that I've encountered
also
 have this expectation, to clean up after the feast. That's part and parcel
of
 doing a feast. One does all the prep work ahead of time, does the cooking
the
 day of, and does the cleaning up after. If one doesn't want to do the work
of
 cleaning up, one shouldn't do the feast, IMNSHO. >>