SC - site fee entitlement was After feast

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Tue Apr 13 11:09:13 PDT 1999

	>>Several have mentioned this and it makes me wonder:
> If staff don't pay, at what level does one cease to be a staff member
> and become a paying attendee volunteering for a task?

The rule that I've applied, when autocrat, is that if you are working at the
event in a capacity that means you aren't going to be free to participate in
the event itself, you don't have to pay.  That means, if you are getting
there when the site opens, going to the kitchen, and basically staying there
until feast is over, you don't pay.  If you are going to the event, and
taking some time out of attending to pitch in, you pay.  Going to a dressy
event and not even bothering to take anything but kitchen grubbies?  Clearly
you aren't attending the same event the people in their fancy stuff are!

By which, I don't mean to start a debate about whether it's more fun in the
kitchen or out; clearly I think "in," since I'm a rational hedonist and
that's where I spend my time.  But there's a difference between "going to an
event" and "going to cook at at event."  In any case, it's the autocrat's
call.

For weekend-long events, that means that in general everyone pays, since
there's fun to be had around the edges of the time spent cooking (at least,
the way we run things there is).

Cait, in Storvik