SC -German translations, and newby questions

Nelson.Beth Nelson.Beth at EPCRA.org
Wed Apr 14 06:34:47 PDT 1999

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BE867F.1210F780

Hi, after several months I am delurking.  My name is Orlaith and I live in
Storvik (Atlanita - Really Ponte Alto but Storvik was my first barony and
don't intend to leave it yet).  I have been enjoying reading the digests,
although I just skipped 20 of them to catch up!  I've been in the SCA for
about a year and a half, but I have not had time to pursue any of my
interests since I was "kidnapped" by a Tuchux before I really got started.
Now that I have "escaped" I am looking forward to helping in the kitchen and
exploring cooking/baking on my own more.

Allison, if you would like, contact me and maybe I could help you (and the
list) by typing your glossary of German terms into the computer.  That way
you would only have to proof it to make sure I got everything right when I
sent you the file.

Now for the newby questions:  Which specialty spices would you suggest as
must haves for a beginning cook?  Is there a list of the web anywhere of
must have books for same cook?   I have "Take 1000 eggs" but I have not had
a chance to do anything from it since I have only been living alone again
for about a week and the people I was living with did not have any interest
in my cooking (I'm not that bad I swear just living with "I cook this is my
kitchen" type person).  My goal is to start making one new recipe every week
or two.  I've already started but the two recipes I've made so far were
mundane - lemon bars from "Cooking Light" and Sweet Potato Banana Muffins
from the internet.

Sorry, I know you have probably covered these topics before...If someone
wants to email me privately we could avoid tying up the list with old
subjects.  Please email me at Orlaith at usa.net.

Orlaith
Orlaith at usa.net

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BE867F.1210F780

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>SC -German translations, and newby questions</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi, after several months I am =
delurking.  My name is Orlaith and I live in Storvik (Atlanita - =
Really Ponte Alto but Storvik was my first barony and don't intend to =
leave it yet).  I have been enjoying reading the digests, although =
I just skipped 20 of them to catch up!  I've been in the SCA for =
about a year and a half, but I have not had time to pursue any of my =
interests since I was "kidnapped" by a Tuchux before I really got =
started.  Now that I have "escaped" I am looking forward to =
helping in the kitchen and exploring cooking/baking on my own =
more.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Allison, if you would like, contact me =
and maybe I could help you (and the list) by typing your glossary of =
German terms into the computer.  That way you would only have to =
proof it to make sure I got everything right when I sent you the =
file.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Now for the newby questions:  =
Which specialty spices would you suggest as must haves for a beginning =
cook?  Is there a list of the web anywhere of must have books for =
same cook?   I have "Take 1000 eggs" but I have not had a =
chance to do anything from it since I have only been living alone again =
for about a week and the people I was living with did not have any =
interest in my cooking (I'm not that bad I swear just living with "I =
cook this is my kitchen" type person).  My goal is to start making =
one new recipe every week or two.  I've already started but the =
two recipes I've made so far were mundane - lemon bars from "Cooking =
Light" and Sweet Potato Banana Muffins from the internet.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sorry, I know you have probably =
covered these topics before...If someone wants to email me privately we =
could avoid tying up the list with old subjects.  Please email me =
at Orlaith at usa.net.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Orlaith</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Orlaith at usa.net</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>