SC - First Feast

Vicki Strassburg taltos at primenet.com
Thu Apr 15 11:33:25 PDT 1999

> CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:
> >
> > My most recent feast had a cut off of one hundred people. Then it became a
> > Royal Progress event, and there was a LOT of pressure to up the ante to 150.
> > I resisted, we DID up it to 104, to make things even. Towards the beginning
> > of serving, there was another request from the Event Steward to feed an
> > additional thirty people, which I again had to refuse, as everything was
> > planned for eight people to a table and thirteen tables.
>
> You mean, evil, rotten man, you!
>
> You couldn't even accomodate your autocrat for a Royal Progress event
> when asked AT THE BEGINNING OF SERVICE to feed  THIRTY EXTRA PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm not sure I could do what you all do. I realize your respoinse was
tongue in cheek (egads - at least I HOPE it was!), but do y'all truly
realize the type of miracles you pull off on a regular basis? I am agape
just listening to your stories!

Actually, in this particular instance, I would have been tempted to say,
"sure - and which people would you suggest I cut the portions of?" I don't
think that would have gone over very well, eh?

~Maedb