SC - Newbie with bread question

Sat Apr 17 08:38:48 PDT 1999

Okay, if I remember the Coleman camp oven correctly, it is made from
aluminum and designed to stand above the burner so the heat is transferred
indirectly.  If you place it directly in a wood fire, I think the
temperature differential between the bottom and the top of the oven will not
provide even baking.

Take about four of those fire bricks and raise the oven above the fire
proper.  I would build a bed of coals, then feed it slowly to keep the
temperature even and the flames low.

If you want to try a more unusual method, here's one from an ancient
Egyptian bakery:

http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~aera/Giza_Pages/Aeragram_Pages/bakeries.htm

If you see Ivar Battleskald, tell him Baric says hello.

Bear