FW: SC - big spice question

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Mon Apr 19 07:15:25 PDT 1999

I've seen the occurrence of it takes less spice for the large dish than the
small several times but it has always been when the spices used for the
trial came from my spices in my kitchen and the spices for the feast were
purchased just before the feast. I'm too much of a miser to throw out spices
until they have really gotten weak so the potency may not be as strong as
the new will be. I think the only good way to get the spicing right is by
tasting so I have had surprises but no disasters by starting with about half
what the recipe calls for and then adding slowly until it tastes right.
Margarite