SC - distillation, was -another-Rose water question-OT,OOP

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Tue Apr 20 07:41:00 PDT 1999

<snip>
>I always ask this question when somebody says what you just sent. Please
>please PLEASE give me a written source that says officially I can distill,
>even a small amount. I'd love it. Do you have such a source? Otherwise, I'm
>looking at about six months in jail for the first offense last I heard. This
>comes up with startling regularity in the brewing list, and nobody's given me
>an official source yet. In fact just the opposite. When they contact the BATF
>they say don't even consider the possibility. This may be bureaucratic
>ignorance, saying no if they don't know officially it's yes. Your mileage may
>vary, but given the way they react, I'm going to take the coward's way out.
>
>Corwyn

Hello!  As you say, this has been addressed (ad nauseum) on the brewing
newsgroups.  Someone posted the BATF regulations about a month or 2 ago,
but I didn't save them.  If you search Deja News (www.dejanews.com) you'll
find them.  Yes, distillation is illegal in the U.S. unless you have a
license (but, as has also been pointed out there, not everyone lives in the
U.S.).

Check here http://www.beer.org:80/~tpark/hch.html for distillation how-to info.

HTH,

Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu