SC - distilling

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Wed Apr 21 17:12:32 PDT 1999

Since this thread has come up I have a question.  Not being a chemist I am
not sure what it is called "Freeze Distillation?" mayhaps but I have been
lead to believe that one can use repeated freezing and draining to
concentrate alcohol from say fermented apple juice and thus make "Apple
Jack".  And thus by pass the steam distillation process.   Is true?  Is
legal?

Daniel Raoul