Halloween (was Re: SC - Hello out there.)

Cathy Harding charding at nwlink.com
Wed Apr 21 18:29:51 PDT 1999

Last Samhain, the Barony of Three mountains (portland Oregon) had a postluck
event with a contest for best finger food.  One of the potluck categories
was desserts, my partners in crime (two artists) and I decided to combine
efforts, use all the extra marchpane we had from the Michaelmas feast
(elizabethan with lots of things desserty fingering things from Banquetting
stuffe) and go for the contest.
We did "finger" food out of the marchpane, painted them to look like actual
fingers, small ones, thumbs, alien fingers, fingers with rings on (they are
jewelers after all).  We stood them in puddles of red and green (for the
alien ones)melted and strained jelly on a plate.
Some people felt they were a little too realistic.... most everyone got a
laugh it was fun. we won a prize....

Maeve