SC - Feast Steward vs. Cook

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Fri Apr 30 14:11:05 PDT 1999

Mordonna,

>>I'm wondering if there are others on the list whose primary aim isn't
large feasts?<<

My primary aim is to enjoy a subject I love in multiple ways, with people
who share that love.

I'm just recently in a location where I can again do the large feasts,
and I love to do them.  But, redacting is also high on my list.  I really
like the feeling of communicating with a cook, steward/whatever of
400-700 years ago.  I know it can't be exactly the same, but it's a more
personal way of touching, over the years, than anything else I know.

And research!  I love to do the research into what they meant, what they
wanted to tell us.  And then there's teaching--passing on to the newer
folks what I've worked for years to learn, or have so easily learned by
posting to this list and tapping into the years of work by others.

I like doing things in smaller batches, too.  As the newest Guildmistress
for BMDL's Culinary Guild, we cook for just a few of us at times. I
belong to several wonderful households: one is local and we have a dinner
every month, one I usually only see at Pennsic.

I get the feeling you are frustrated by the number of posts having to do
with large feasts, but there is so much available on this list.  We've
learned a lot from you.  As a suburban/city person, I learned things I'd
never have learned anywhere else.  Well, maybe from Ras, but sometimes
you two have different experiences and slants on things.  Please don't go
away!

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA