SC - Re: Tatar herb

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Mon Aug 2 08:59:39 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/2/99 11:27:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, a14h at zebra.net
writes:

<< So, my question is; is this
 material considered public information >>

I would contact Dover. Many of their books are in the public domain.

<<and can I post recipes to
 the list without worries?  Or do I have to keep it to myself?  I
 really don't know about this copyright stuff.>>

Yes, you can post to the list. Single recipes are well within the bounds of
educational use and this list is nonprofit use. I know that the matter of
copyright has come up often here but I would seriously suggest you contact
Llewelyn press and ask for their legal advisor. There is different criteria
for recipes, which are formula not literature. As such they are covered as a
'collection' but individual recipes are a gray area with the actual
ingredient list being outside the realm of copyright and the instructions
possibly falling under copyright.

I belong to numerous mundane recipe lists and entire recipes are posted all
the time, many of them from current and past publications. In fact, this list
is the ONLY list where copyright of INDIVIDUAL recipes has ever been an
issue.

Ras

 Thanks,

 wajdi >>