SC - Re: Tatar herb

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 09:23:02 PDT 1999

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:41:41 EDT Bronwynmgn at aol.com writes:
>For Twelfth night last year, we decided that we wanted to do an event
>based on food.  We set up a schedule whereby two new dishes, one
>vegetarian and one not, came out of the kitchen every hour and a half to
>two hours.

This sounds like the Cook's List we had here several years ago.  It was a
contest between 14 cooks.  3-5 dishes were served every hour on the hour,
starting at 11AM and going until 11PM!  The amazing thing was, the later
it got, the more enthusiastic the diners were!  We figured people would
get full, but the appetites of the feasters were not diminished by eating
slowly all day.  There was a panel of judges that were served first, and
then the dishes were set out for the general populace to sample.  Court
was held at midnight, and several awards were given, Most Authentic,
Tastiest, Cook's Choice, Best Subtlety (I won that one!), etc.  Folks
have clammored for this type of event to be held again, but it hasn't
manifested yet.  I am trying to help a small Feastcrat's Guild get
involved in doing this kind of project.
	Christianna