SC - WAS-primary sources (long)

Susan Wensel sewensel at bellatlantic.net
Mon Aug 2 16:49:01 PDT 1999

"Ana L. Valdés" wrote:

> millions of untamed cattle roamed in the green pastures of Argentina and
> Uruguay. At that time was normal for the "gauchos" to kill a cow or a bull, eat
> the tongue and leave the rest untouched.

And I would just like to say this is perfectly all right, as is killing
a bison by shooting it through the window of a moving train, and sending
somebody out to retrieve a tongue or a hump steak, and leaving the rest
to fester in the sun, as is killing a steer today, eating the rib and
short loin meat, and leaving all those yucky parts like the liver and
kidneys, etc., to rot in the sun or be used for pet food, because nobody
likes them!

Phew! Unexpected venom, perhaps, but that was actually kinda fun! The
comments, of course, were directed at the aforementioned practice, not
at Ana, whom I hold in the highest respect.

G. Tacitus (Now shuddup and eat yer liver or I'll pop you one) Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com