SC - pottery info sources

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Aug 2 22:23:54 PDT 1999

Adamantius sez:

>If I didn't know better, I'd think it a habit of Americans to use the
term "goulash" as synonymous with "hash", a mixture of chopped-up stuff.

Too bad you know better ;-) That's the usual definition I've found around
here, although goulash tends to have tomato sauce in it, where hash doesn't,
until you add the catsup. This has been the general rule wherever I've lived
in the US- Ohio's the only place I'm aware of which calls the stuff "John
Marzetti". Myself, considering that there's a fairly popular variety of
commercial salad dressings out here brand name Marzetti, I'm wondering if
the name came from a local brand of Chef Boyardee type stuff which might
have been packaged and sold under that name, but I really don't know how to
find out.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio