SC - On a Tangential, OT Note - Was: Potato salad+pasta salad- the mild Oregon version - OOP

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Mon Aug 2 22:35:44 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/3/99 12:48:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<<
 How do you keep a ferret, of all things, from eating his way out of the pie?
 I guess this is a concern with any live creature.

    I didn't actually see this occur, since my table was too far away,
but--if memory serves--the shell was baked with the lid attached (Filled with
beans or such, I presume), and then a hole was cut in the bottom. The filler
was removed and the beastie inserted, along with a suitable tidbit to keep
him busy. They managed to get the timing about right, so that the ferret
didn't finish until the presentation was done, at which time he broke through
the crust and ran about the table with great glee, to the vast amusement of
the feasters. ;-) I did see him in the Baroness' arms later, and I'm not sure
who was enjoying the situation more, her or the ferret!

                Ldy Diana